Aviation Studies turns into an online class!
Aviation Studies PLUS.
It's a whole new thing.
Weekly message and update briefs/titles will be posted below.
Assignment resources will be found under the password protected
"Class Assignment" banner pages.
- Our main communication methods will be via email, mravi8 and (likely) ZOOM.
- I have organized our new class - Aviation Studies PLUS - email list with student addresses. Look for the first Aviation PLUS class email on Monday, April 6th.
- I will keep my daily posts up on-line here for a week at a time, but to save some space I will delete the previous week on the Monday of the following week.
- Sunday, June 7th, 9:30 pm - Hello folks! It's been a wet, rainy weekend and a perfect opportunity for those of you still engaged in the flight lessons to get some practice flying on Geofs.
- Those of you who made the zoom meetings last week have shown some good progress. We are coming down to "crunch - time." I want you to be able to maneuver the airplane, in auto-pilot mode, around a proper landing/takeoff circuit for Runway 2-7 at Saskatoon. Get some practice time in!
- Those of you who make advanced progress will try it off the autopilot.
- I have opened the Instruments Test again for those of you who did not get a chance to complete it. It'll be open from June 8th to 12th. Caution - you only have two opportunities. If you open it once to "just see it" you will have blown your first shot.
- I will submit final marks by June 19th. Any remaining projects/assignments in by NOON the 18th.
- I have had to cancel my Monday Flight lessons. I must be at the school most of the day tomorrow. I will reschedule your lessons with those that this cancellation applies to.
- See you Tuesday! Mr. A
- Wednesday, June 10th, 2:30 pm - Hello folks.
- While I have a break between lessons a note for you - I will be completing report card marks over the next few days.
- For those of you still engaged in the flying lessons, keep it up to the end! I can see your progress and are doing well.
- For those of you that have missed your scheduled Zoom meetings over the last week I have left your times open until June 18th. It will be up to you to contact me if you should still want to improve your grade.
- The Flight Instruments test has been reopened and an email invitation to complete it sent to those students that are still engaged in the Flight Lessons. The test is open to those that did not have a try at completing it. That will stay open until Friday, June 12th.
- If you have been working on, or have completed your balsa flying model you must send me pictures of it for an evaluation. I will accept pics up until Monday June 15, finished or not. Any progress will be evaluated.
- That's all for now. Hope to see more of you as we close down the semester!
- Monday, June 15th, 2:45 pm - Hello folks!
- Well, we are in our last week of Flight Lessons and Zoom contacts!
- I will follow the schedule that was initially given, as we have been doing for the last few weeks now.
- My report card marks will be done on June 19th - this Friday - for final submission.
- If you have any pics of your model that you still wish to submit you will have to do that by Thursday. I still hope to see some more!
- If you have anything else you wish to talk to me about regarding your marks please contact me by Thursday.
- Other than that - I will see the regulars via their scheduled zoom appointments this week. Or you can email me as well -email@example.com - Hope to see you soon.
- Mr. Armstrong
- Monday, June 15th, 3:55 pm - Another Message - Brought to you by the WMCI Phys. ED Department:
- Walter Murray Athletic Celebration Premieres Tuesday, June 16 on Youtube
We have created a Walter Murray YouTube Channel that can be found at the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeS2Ia8fGpFY1sZYyCFoXcw
- Our Athletic Celebration will premiere on this channel at 3:30 pm on Tuesday, June 16. The celebration is 90 minutes long and will be available on the Youtube Channel for an extended period of time. Award winners can pick up their awards on Wednesday, June 17th from noon to 1:00 pm in the girls gym. To all our Marauder students and families, please join us at 3:30 on Tuesday, June 16 for the premiere or watch it whenever you have time.
- Wednesday, June 17th, 4:00 pm -
Well, we are coming down to the last day (Thursday) of the semester for which you can submit model pictures (your last chance) or have zoom meetings.
- On Friday I will be completing and submitting marks for report cards by noon. I have no zooms scheduled after Thursday. Which effectively means I've come to the last of Aviation Studies for Walter Murray Collegiate in Saskatoon.
- I'll have a few other announcements for next week.
- Until then ...
- Mr. Armstrong
- Tuesday, June 23, 9:45 am -
- Well that's it. That's all for Aviation Studies at Walter Murray Collegiate here in Saskatoon. Marks are done and submitted. It's over.
- Thank you to those who participated in the on-line supplementary learning. And thank you to you all for taking part, not only in this last semester, but to all who took part over the last 15 years.
- I hope you had fun, learned lots and have good memories.
- 'Cuz it's been fun for me and I have many great memories of our adventures together.
- Bye for now and...
- Blue skies,
- Mr. Armstrong
We were here to "Dream, Learn, Build, & Fly!"
Watch for Photo Gallery updates.
THIS IS US: 2020
Local trip to STARS Air Ambulance hangar, Saskatoon.